INVESTING IN OUR YOUTH
The Canadian Gene Cure Foundation believes that investing in budding scientists is crucial. If we are to cure genetic diseases in the future, we must start building and networking the scientific community now.
Applications to the Gene Researcher for a Week (GRFAW) program is now closed.
Applications that have been received by 5:00 pm PST Dec.31, 2015, are being processed and will be forwarded to the review committee. Teacher recommendations letters are due by January 8, 2016. Teachers are notified via email to submit their recommendations for students. Students who are accepted to the program will be notified via email. Inquiries about the Gene Researcher for a Week (GRFAW) program can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STUDENT APPLICATION FORM Apply online here for the 2016 Gene Researcher for a Week program. Program application is open from November 1st, 2015 and closes December 31, 2015.
STUDENT ESSAY Essay is uploaded within the application. Please prepare a 300-500 word essay explaining why you should be a Gene Researcher for a Week. To have the best chance of acceptance please ensure your essay includes all of the following:
- Overall average across all subjects as a percentage grade for your previous complete academic year
- Why you are passionate about science and how you have pursued that interest in science at school, work or in the community
- Character attributes that would make you a good scientist
- Your future education and career plans
- What volunteer and extra-curricular activities you participate in, and what you have learned from them - How you hope to benefit from this experience
- Why we should choose you to be a GRFAW
TEACHER RECOMMENDATION Teacher's will be contacted, via their contact information submitted in the student application, to submit teacher recommendations. Deadline is January 8, 2016 but it is recommended that teacher recommendations be submitted by December 31, 2015 wherever possible.